If you’re planning refurbishments for a recently purchased or your existing property in Canterbury or Kent, the preparation stages of your redevelopment needn’t be a stressful one with the help of a professional builder to assist you. At Bentley Builders, our team will offer expert interior design advice from painting and decorating and loft conversion ideas, to upgrading your outdoors with block paving for patios and driveways. We’ll also ensure any converted spaces are treated with sufficient damp proofing to make your new home or office safe and comfortable.
Firstly, clients remodelling their current or new Canterbury property should have a plan in place to outline any refurbishments before stripping, removals, rubbish clearances, fit-outs and construction work can begin. This includes block paving garden landscaping projects and property maintenance for damp proofing solutions too.
- Determine the potential your property offers, including loft conversion space
- Identify the areas that require immediate attention with repairs, such as roofs
- Calculate your maximum budget and ideal construction timeframe
- Incorporate realistic ideas that can be carried out by a designer and builder
Explore the possibilities of adding a new bedroom to your Canterbury home, which can also be beneficial as extra storage and office space for a commercial building.
GARDENS AND DRIVEWAYS
Block paving is perfect to create sociable areas in your Canterbury garden with patios for lounging and dining outside. Natural block paving stones, such as brick, concrete or limestone, are attractive ways to reinvigorate driveways at domestic and commercial properties.
KITCHENS AND BATHROOM SUITES
Brand-new countertops, cabinets and appliances will add value to your Canterbury property. Following kitchen and bathroom fit-outs, we can boost the aesthetic with traditional or contemporary painting and decorating designs.
- Property damage, such as cracks in the walls and ceilings or deteriorating roofing materials and flooring will need to be repaired or replaced by a builder, including plastering, staining, painting and decorating work for a perfect finish
- Electrical rewiring in older Canterbury properties may involve removing the old wiring and installing a new system behind walls or floorboards
- Central heating systems may need to be upgraded, especially if your plans include a bedroom or office loft conversion, requiring heat for a habitable room. A builder and plumber will also fit and connect new appliances to an en-suite loft conversion, kitchen or bathroom suite
- Signs of damp or dry rot need to be dealt with immediately with damp proofing treatments for woodworm and dry rot. Other damp proofing techniques include tanking and waterproofing basements at your Canterbury property, to prevent ongoing issues with rising damp.
How We Can Help
- Provide free advice and quotes for professional building services
- Supply friendly and qualified master builders and designers
- Carry out a comprehensive site survey, including damp proofing assessments
- Suggest design ideas for a kitchen, bathroom or bedroom loft conversion
- Recommend outdoor hard landscaping for block paving patios and driveways
- Discuss painting and decorating schemes to beautify your interiors